Since swatching the Suqqu Bright Up Lipstick 08 澄橙 (Sumidaidai) and 09 薊映 (Azamibae) at the Mitsukoshi Ginza, I can't say I haven't been tempted. Gals and guys haven't stopped talking about Suqqu and of course I'm curious.
But the steep price tag was keeping me away. I did indulge in an eye shadow palette here and there but have managed to refrain from all the lipsticks. A 3,000yen Lunasol or Maquillage lipstick was already quite expensive for me. I adore Coffret D'Or Premium Stay Rouge, and it's cheaper than both Lunasol and Maquillage at 2,500yen a piece. I doubt Suqqu can really double Coffret D'Or's performance to be commensurate with the roughly doubled price. I truly believe that after a certain price point, I'm paying for the packaging and not the formula.
Then hubby and I moved home from Tokyo. All the mid-range drugstore brands like Coffret D'Or and Maquillage are now out of reach, that is, unless I pay the crazy markup that would toss them right up there with all the department store brands! Nope. No way. No, thanks. Don't think so.
The irony is with Suqqu, available outside of Japan via Suqqu UK. Thanks to Brexit, the dollar is gaining steadily on the pound. Consider these retails taken from Selfridges UK, subtracting VAT for international orders:
- Blend Color Eyeshadow: GBP37.70 (~$46.50) vs. 6,800yen before tax (~$58). A Lunasol palette is 5,000yen (~$42.75).
- Eye Color Palette: GBP29.37 (~$36) vs. 4,800yen (~$41).
- Creamy Glow/Bright Up Lipstick: GBP22.62 (~$27.75) vs. 5,000yen (~$42.75). A Lunasol lipstick is 3,000yen (~$25.75).
- Extra Glow Lipstick: GBP19.44 (~$24) vs. 4,000yen (~$34.25).
Holy hell, folks, Suqqu's officially more affordable than Lunasol! Guess what, time to sample myself some Suqqu, and I'll start with the Bright Up Lipstick 09 薊映 (Azamibae).
All pictures taken in natural light without flash.
Continue reading »
But the steep price tag was keeping me away. I did indulge in an eye shadow palette here and there but have managed to refrain from all the lipsticks. A 3,000yen Lunasol or Maquillage lipstick was already quite expensive for me. I adore Coffret D'Or Premium Stay Rouge, and it's cheaper than both Lunasol and Maquillage at 2,500yen a piece. I doubt Suqqu can really double Coffret D'Or's performance to be commensurate with the roughly doubled price. I truly believe that after a certain price point, I'm paying for the packaging and not the formula.
Then hubby and I moved home from Tokyo. All the mid-range drugstore brands like Coffret D'Or and Maquillage are now out of reach, that is, unless I pay the crazy markup that would toss them right up there with all the department store brands! Nope. No way. No, thanks. Don't think so.
The irony is with Suqqu, available outside of Japan via Suqqu UK. Thanks to Brexit, the dollar is gaining steadily on the pound. Consider these retails taken from Selfridges UK, subtracting VAT for international orders:
- Blend Color Eyeshadow: GBP37.70 (~$46.50) vs. 6,800yen before tax (~$58). A Lunasol palette is 5,000yen (~$42.75).
- Eye Color Palette: GBP29.37 (~$36) vs. 4,800yen (~$41).
- Creamy Glow/Bright Up Lipstick: GBP22.62 (~$27.75) vs. 5,000yen (~$42.75). A Lunasol lipstick is 3,000yen (~$25.75).
- Extra Glow Lipstick: GBP19.44 (~$24) vs. 4,000yen (~$34.25).
Holy hell, folks, Suqqu's officially more affordable than Lunasol! Guess what, time to sample myself some Suqqu, and I'll start with the Bright Up Lipstick 09 薊映 (Azamibae).
All pictures taken in natural light without flash.




0 Yorumlar