Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

My first visit to a Lush shop: I'm in love!

LUSH haul: Popcorn lip Scrub, Aqua Marina facial cleanser, Figs and Leaves soap
Late night post for a great experience today! It was a beautiful sunny day and together with a friend we decided to go on a shopping expedition to Den Bosch to visit the LUSH store there since it is the closest to Eindhoven. Of course we didn't limit ourselves to one store in a whole afternoon, but ya, important things first.
I've never been to a LUSH store before but heard wonders of their products: they sell fresh, organic, fair trade hand made cosmetics. The ingredients are all natural and there are none or minimal synthetic products, making these products very suited for sensitive skin. 
As the control freak I am I had done some research and prepared a list of products I wanted to try or get some more information before.
Snaps of the Lush shop in Den Bosch
As we got to the shop after a wonderful salad for lunch, it wasn't long until a very nice lady gave us a tour of the shop demonstrating the products that suited out skin/hair type and necessities. 

First we saw the yummy face masks (bottom right picture) for every skin type and the first one that caught my eye was of course the one called Cupcake. This is a chocolate based mask with Rhassoul mud that is aimed for skin with impurities and helps to draw out dirt to give a deep cleanse. Honestly, I was about to eat it! Next we saw the bath products and my friend got a demonstration of their Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly (the consistency is so jelly it's to die for!) followed by the Rub Rub Rub shower scrub. This got us curious because it is a sea salt scrub that foams and leaves your skin (my friends hand that is) visibly glowier. Finally the Lush lady applied the Ro's Argan Body Conditioner on wet skin and then gently rinsed to leave a super soft feeling. We were mesmerised! 

We moved on to the hair section (top right picture) where we were the most interested in the H'suan Wen Hua hair treatment to nourish, strengthen and repair your locks. Both my friend and I have color treated hair that really needs deep conditioning so this mask with eggs, bananas and avocados really appealed to us!

We looked very quickly through the bath section (first picture to the left) since unfortunately neither of us have a bath in our house (sigh) and moved to the soaps (middle picture) where we smelled these amazing bars and were overwhelmed with the choices, and finally went to the face cleansers (bottom right picture) where I got a demonstration of the Aqua Marina cleanser because I was looking for a gentle morning wash that would get rid of overnight oil but not bee too harsh.

Once we were left on our own, we wondered about and picked the things that mot impressed us. My friend picked up the H'suan Wen Hua hair mask, the Rub Rub Rub scrub and the Popcorn lip scrub which smells like candy. I treated myself to the same scrub, the Aqua Marina cleanser (left my hand feeling amazing and nourished), a sample (3 pots because I have lots of long hair) of the same hair mask and a piece of the Figs and Leaves soap (a gentle soap for delicate skin). Super happy from our new goodies I had get a picture!

Happy Alice!
From then we moved on to different shops and mostly enjoyed the weather and time together, ending in a nice Italian cafe with the traditional Bossche Bol (a whipped cream filled pastry covered in chocolate yum!)
A great afternoon out with new discoveries!!

The Bossche Bol!
What is your favorite Lush product?
xo
A

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar