Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

YSL Party Makeup Look

IMG_4715IMG_4719
IMG_4757
IMG_5191
IMG_5197
IMG_5160
IMG_5177
wearing Petals & Peacocks from MAC on my lips

A few weeks before Christmas I was invited along to the mecca of all makeup dreams, Selfridges beauty hall in London to meet with YSL's international makeup artist Fred Letailleur to talk all things glitz and glam for Christmas. I am sure everyone has seen the latest YSL beauty campaign with Cara Delevingne looking devilishly gorgeous and so it was Fred's mission to give me the tips and tricks to help me recreate a party look with a host of YSL products and some clever contouring.

After applying my base I reached for that cult classic product, the Touche Eclat complexion highlighter but in a much darker shade to my natural colouring (no.6) to help me contour (and hopefully look like) the stunning Cara herself. If you thought Touche Eclat was just for covering those dark circles then you are wrong my friend! By running this darker highlighter in the areas you would naturally bronze or contour, it can give you amazing definition with ease by buffing the dark colour in with a fine brush or your fingertips. I then took the original Touche Eclat highlighter in no.1 to contrast and add radiance to my cheek and brow bones, down the bridge of my nose and along my cupid's bow.

For my eyes I had a trio of party-ready products to define, colour and add insane volume and length to my lashes. To begin with I used the YSL Pure Chromatics eyeshadow palette (no.6) which can be used wet or dry and contains a quad of beautiful shimmering shades - a khaki green, a warm gold, a pretty pink and a grungy purple all packed full of pearl pigments for a soft, metallic finish. I used the gold powder in the corner of my eyes and half way along my bottom lashes whilst sweeping the pink shade all over my lids. I defined my crease with the rich purple and finished off with a little bit of the khaki green on the outer corners to add definition to my waterline without using kohl eyeliner. For my cateye flick I opted for the YSL Shocking Ink Eyeliner which is probably one of the nicest and easiest felt-tip liner I have ever used. I really struggle with applying liner to my top lashes but this was smooth and precise and gave me a sleek finish first time! And finally for the lashes and it had to be the new Baby Doll mascara for that "eyes wide open" lash look. The micro-faceted brush really grabs and separates each lash and gives them a thick, full look with plenty of volume! An absolute essential for party-perfect makeup.

Have you tried any of these new products from YSL?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar