Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

GINVERA White Tea SPA Total Benefits ANTI-FREEZE REPAIR SERUM

I just rebonded back my hair! haha. And I am so happy with the results this time. I think this is the first time that I am actually really, really satisfied with the hairstyle, from length, to style... ...

The hairdresser did my hair in a sloping/cascading manner, such that it leaves substantial fringe and then "thins" down at the sides, so that when I place some hair in front, it wouldn't look too much. But it goes long at the back.

So straight hair means back to using anti-frizz shampoos, keeping moisture in and maintaining the smoothness, silkiness and shine! I know that L'oreal Elseve Anti-Frizz Serum in the orange bottle is by far the best, and I have also blogged about it before, here. But I decided to try something else that I've been wanting to buy, which is the Ginvera White Tea Serum.

GINVERA White Tea SPA Total Benefits ANTI-FRIZZ REPAIR SERUM


Available: Various supermarkets and pharmacies.

Volume: 45ml

Star Properties: Scientifically proven that white tea has 3x More Anti-Oxidant Effect and UV Protection

Back of the box: description about the star properties and directions of use.

Ingredients
To be honest, I hesitated to buy this due to the high cyclomethicone content, as seen below. Reason being silicones basically pluck the holes in your skin/hair, so that the living cells cannot breathe.

However, when I think logically, my hair is dead. So it wouldn't result in clogged hair as with clogged pores on the face if you use too much silicone base moisturizer or makeup base etc.

The trick is to only apply these after-wash products on the ends of your hair, keeping it to the last 20cm/4 inches, which is also known as the damaged area if you do quite a bit of rebonding, dye and perm like I do.

Keep it away from your scalp because that's really not what conditioners (YES! conditioners too), treatment creams/essences, or serums are for. If not washed off properly, it will damaged the scalp over time, causing itch, dandruff and perhaps balding. So let's all be more careful. =))

Chinese description and ingredients list.

However, I do really like the way the list is so short. haha. I think this is more a psychological preference though.

Packaging
I was a bit surprised to find this in a box as L'oreal's one, which is slightly more costly, only comes in the plastic bottle itself. But to me, really, box means a heavier eco footprint. =( As long as the dispense is okay, bottle doesn't break, I am quite lenient with all else.

The bottle is glass, so that gives a rather "high-class" feel as compared to the plastic one of L'oreal. But to be honest, I don't like it. I don't want the bottle to break should I accidentally knock it onto the floor. It is also heavier and causes me more worry when I travel with it.

I like the glass bottle (in a non-practical sense)!! I also like the purple colour.

The other thing I don't like is the plastic cap on the pump bottle. It doesn't clicks tight onto the base, so when I carry it in my bag, the cap fell out, and a bit of oil was pumped onto my stuff. Luckily, I kept it in a ziplock bag. haha.

Dispense
Three cheers for pump bottles! Hip hip hooray! (x3). LOL.

Since this is oil, I really don't want to be fiddling around with some click-lock cap, because if I had to turn the bottle upside down to pour out the contents, the oil would probably keep going messy around the mouth of the dispenser. So yes, pump bottles for the win!

Pump dispense and not tight plastic cap.


Effectiveness
This is very amazing!

Since I know that cyclomethicone is for locking in moisture, I decided to couple this serum with liquid nutrient hair sprays, such as Pantene or Asience.

haha, the best part is that those sprays I got are free with purchase I made last time, but I didn't use them because I was using other things like The Body Shop Brazil Nut Anti-Frizz Hair Cream and the L'oreal Anti-frizz serum.

When I switched to Pantene Clinicare, it was so good that I didn't require such extra serums.

However, I am now using other shampoos/conditioner that I bought to try, and Clinicare also sort of lost its effectiveness. So I am changing brands first before switching back again.

Anyway, yes, I do advise to get a targeted treatment nutrient water and not just apply this Ginvera White Tea Spa onto 30% dry hair. I have tried, and I feel that the smoothing and softening effect is a far cry if I just seal plain water in that is leftover from washing my hair.

I used to doubt water sprays A LOT because in the past, when I use them, I do not follow up with oil. Now, I can finally say that they do work, but you need to couple it with oil like olive oil or serums like these.

Fragrance
I don't find any. If you do smell any scent, it can only be due to the white tea extract, but basically, this is not that kind of hair nutrient that can double hair perfume, for those who prefer hair perfume.

My Directions To Use:
i) TOWEL dry hair as much as you can. (Normally, I can only do to 30% dry.)
ii) Air dry (walk around the house) hair till 10% dry.
iii) Spritz hair nutrient water GENEROUSLY over lower half of hair (mine is chest length now, so I don't above the neck line).
iv) Immediately apply Ginvera White Tea Spa Anti-Frizz Repair Serum on the same area. (I use 4 pumps altogether, two for left, two for right.)

Rating: 4/5
I'm loving it! But one thing not so good is that I have to couple this with hair water, as compared to L'oreal, which is really cheap enough considering my one bottle lasted more than a year, and I pump so much each time.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar