Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

First Thoughts: Collection Lasting Colour Lipstick in 19 Red Carpet

I think if lipstick hunting was a profession I would be pretty good at it. Alas its not but that doesn't stop me from saddling up on a mission every now and then, to find the good find. What's the cause? To get inexpensive pigmented lipsticks that could duel with the best (more expensive) formulas. Interested? Well carry on reading ...


19 Red Carpet is a beauty.

whoops the brand is no longer called Collection 2000 but Collection ...
A bold pigmented bright red that is matte but comfortable on the lips. Red Carpet glides easily on but leaves a slight powder feel and finish to it. If you're ever after a bold glamours red that could tango with the famous beast that is Ruby Woo (by Mac) and other contenders - you've found it, plus it has added SPF (hello summa) and a pretty amazing price! 


Yeah, Red Carpet is a bright, slightly orange red colour on my lips. Speaking frankly, I have been hunting red carpet for the longest time since my first swatch of a tester, but it was usually sold out whenever I peaked at Collection 2000 stands. Thankfully on a sporadic trip to Wilkinson's (of all the places) 5 minutes before closing time - I found a non-soiled lipstick and bagged it into my netted fingers. Now I don't want this to be a laboriously long post  where I intricately dissect the ins and out of this shade but I will surmise. What do I mean?  Check out my little summary below. 

Collection 19 Red Carpet
  • has a sweet perfume scent (but can't be smelt when its on the lips)
  • packaging is satisfactory - black and silver - simple
  • pigmented bold red (more orange based than blue) reminds me of Mac's Ruby Woo in texture but Russian Red and Makeup Monsters Bite Me in shade
  • lasts long
  • fantastic price £2.99 
Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isohexdecane, Candellia Cera, Octyldodecanol, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Ozokerite, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Copermicia Cerifera Cera, Butrospermum Parkii Butter, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum, Hydroxycitronellal, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool [+/- Mica, Talc, CI 177491, CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77891, CI 15850, CI 45410, CI 15880, CI 19140]. 
Expiration: 18 months.


& lastly
...
Pictured: Mac Ruby Woo, Collection Red Carpet and Mac Russian Red.
For the non-believers. Here is Collection Red Carpet tangoing with Mac Ruby Woo and Russian Red (yes I bought Mac again). They're not exactly "dupes" but I would say Red Carpet is alike and in the same league.



That's all for today. Till next time.

Any thoughts?
Do you have any inexpensive products that can compete with higher price ones?

Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated!
:0)
x

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar