Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

MY LAST SCHADENFREUDE SHOW!!

...for a while. This Friday will mark somewhere between the end of an era and nothing particular at all. Will I still be writing and making movies for Schadenfreude.net? Yup. Will I still be writing as much as a I can for Rent Parties and checking in weekly to work with the gang on the big projects? Yeah. Will I be in those shows or writing them from Chicago? No. If I haven't announced previously in dramatic style, I am moving to Los Angeles on October 1st. I almost moved there instead of Chicago ten years ago, but I figured if I was going to do the comedy scene in Chicago I might as well do it while I was young and all my friends were in Chicago. I've thought about moving to L.A. ever since I got here.

In the meantime many of my friends moved from here to L.A. and many of the friends I made since I got here have moved there as well. When we visited L.A. last November to put on a show at the Upright Citizen's Brigade Theatre I felt the Los Angeles had stopped being this mysterious, difficult, strange mountain. Now it was simply that new neightborhood that many of my friends live in, just off the Plaid Line, it was Chicago in L.A. last November. I quit my job not knowing what I would do next. The only thing that would keep me here would be a job in my industry, film, and there are 120,000 % less industry jobs here than there are in L.A.

So come see the show this Friday at the Gallery Cabaret, we'll be roasting me, and roasting roasts.

2020 N. Oakley
One block East of Western, one block North of Armitage.
Doors 7pm, Show 8pm, Party 9pm

Tomorrow, Short-Haired Chicks and how the decision to move to L.A. made itself. You ever had a decision make itself? It gives you a weird What the bleep perspective on a world I truly believe exists only in our minds.

"What one thing would you do if you knew you could not fail?"
-Brian Tracy

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar